compensating for dhcp which only provides useless dns

Hi,

I have a new install of sid on a laptop with a new hard drive. The wireless works fine except at one location where my guess is that the DNS is not set up correctly. I work around this by adding useable nameserver addresses to /etc/resolv.conf. I don't have resolvconf installed but I haven't figured out how /etc/resolv.conf is being overwritten or where I can put the working nameserver addresses so the automatic detection of this particular AP will use them.

TIA for any information,

Paul Scott