Re: normal firefox for debian lenny 64bit?

"Lastly, for the real question: why are you on Lenny? Institution mandate? Narrow pipe? Fear of Testing breakage?"
What do you suggest? Is sid good for a Desktop environment? :O
I just want to upgrade e.g.: Iceweasel, because it has a bug, related to adblock plus element hiding helper....it's just a "little" thing, but theres already Firefox _3.5_. (I hope they the bug in that version)

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 2009-07-21 07:54, Soren Orel wrote:
Ok, I downloaded:
http://packages.debian.org/experimental/iceweasel
iceweasel_3.5.1-1_amd64.deb
Then:
dpkg -i iceweasel_3.5.1-1_amd64.deb
[snip]

So I must install a trillion dependencies from unstable, to get a normal up-to-date browser under Lenny?

Yes.  Running a mixed Lenny/experimental system is a recipe for disaster.

I'd deinstall iceweasel and xulrunner, then install the FF binary directly from mozilla.org.

Same with OOo3 (though I'd look first try www.go-oo.org), if you want the latest version.

Lastly, for the real question: why are you on Lenny?  Institution mandate?  Narrow pipe?  Fear of Testing breakage?

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer