Re: MTA experts: address rewriting depending on next hop

On 2009-07-21 07:05, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 06:35 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
[snip]
Either you or I have misconfigured Postfix, because internal email
comes to me as $USER@haggis.homelan, ...

Must be you, did you look at the Received: headers in my message?
I looked at yours, no Postfix involved up to liszt.debian.org.

:)

That's because I reconfigured my MUA to send mail directly to my ISP, instead of to $HOSTNAME.

                                ... whereas a couple of months ago
my ISP changed something (but I don't remember the error) so that
I'm no longer able to send email out to the Big Bad Internet using
Postfix as a relayhost.

Probably something like "Sender domain must exist", that's what I
get if I disable address rewriting.

Attached is the transcript of a failing smtp session with my ISP, no
need to mangle anything since that info is contained in the Received:
headers of any outgoing mail.

regs
 Siggy

--