Re: remount removeable drive in Lenny - how?

Paulo E Condon:
> I think that the device file is NOT removed. This is what I
> observe. When I umount /dev/sdxn, the mount-point /media/MMMPPP is
> removed, and the device file is remains. This is GOOD because the
> reason for umount is so that I can run e2fsck. So, from observation, a
> supposition held by some is false.

It was not a supposition, but what I see here. I am sorry, I think I was
not clear enough when I entered this thread: I have a similar problem,
but it is not really the same thing. I will do more tests soon (I am not
at the same machine now), but after I had "removed safely" the device,
in kde, I had no more device file - or better, just the main one
(/dev/sdf), and both file and fsck.vfat complained that the file was not
available (I don't know what the exact wording was). And so I could not
even run fsck (fsck.vfat, in my case).

Tiago Saboga.