Re: remount removeable drive in Lenny - how?

Paul E Condon:

> I have several USB hard drives (ones with rotating machinery inside,
> not solid state 'disks'). From time to time I need to perform format
> maintenance on one of them. In order to do this, I look in /dev to see
> what device name has been assigned to the drive, umount it, and do
> whatever - e2fsck, tune2fs, etc. But when I'm finish doing
> maintenance, how to I remount it without pulling the USB cable,

The actions you listed change neither the partition layout nor
filesystem UUIDs, so you should be able to just mount it again, using
the same device name or UUID as before.

J.
--
The news at ten makes me peevish but animal hospital makes me cry.
[Agree]   [Disagree]