sidplay broken since... uh... a long time now... :o

Hello,

i wanted to write a proxy filesystem using FUSE and sidplay (sid2wav) to create virtual WAV files beside SID files just for the heck of it...

But now I notice that SID playback in Debian/Stable (an older stable and a updated stable) and Debian/Unstable is too fast and the package maintainer obviously doesn't check the result of his work.

Anyone knows if there is a fix. The project on Sourceforge seems pretty much dead since 2004. I've heard new features in GCC4 are to blame.

Dirk