Re: X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

* Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> [2009 Jul 16 06:05 -0500]:

> > does seem as though there is a strong sentiment against HAL from
> > several users.  You might contact the Xorg developers and ask nicely
> > for them to remove the dependency.
>
> I don't think this is such a good idea. The Debian X Strike Force (Xorg
> maintainers) already received a lot of heat over this. Providing an
> alternative would be better. Anyway, see #515214.

Note, I specifically mentioned the Xorg developers--Free Desktop
Project--not the X Strike Force folks.  So, yes, my suggestion of who
to discuss this with *is* a good idea.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of