iRedMail - an enterprise-class Mailsystem for Debian

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to tell you about iredmail, a fully fledged email system.
iredmail itself is a set of shell scripts used to install and configure
standard components available as .deb like for example postfix, dovecot,
clamav, etc.

I have tested the whole thing on Lenny -- non-virtualized boxes and also
within OpenVZ VEs (Virtual Environments). No problems whatsoever.

The main reason I think this is worth mentioning is that I, as many
others, have set up and configured mail systems over and over again in
the past simply because some "integrated" solution always just is not
the same as a bespoke tailored suit ... iredmail changed that simply
because it only uses well-tested and as .deb available stuff plus, after
installing things, one can do his fine tuning for any component (e.g.
postfix) as usual.

As a cherry on top thingy, there will be an Admin panel pretty soon --
sure, one could dive into various config files using TRAMP and IDO with
Emacs but then, maybe, a web interface is not that bad just in case
Emacs/Vim/etc. are not available for some arcane reason ... ;-]

A few links:

 - http://code.google.com/p/iredmail
 - http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/Main_Components
 - http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic97-debian-openvz-iredmail.html