Re: dpkg-dev dependency problem

On 2009-07-16 08:58 +0200, komodo wrote:

> Since some upgrade, i think last week i have this problem

> acheron:~# aptitude full-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> The following packages are BROKEN:
>   pkg-kde-tools
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 29.2kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
>   pkg-kde-tools: Breaks: dpkg-dev (< 1.15.3) but 1.15.2 is installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
> Remove the following packages:
> kdelibs5-dev
> kdemultimedia-dev
> kdepimlibs5-dev
> pkg-kde-tools
>
> Score is -32
>
> I can't find this behaviour on the net, so am i only one who have this
> problem ?

No, this had been a common problem.  See http://bugs.debian.org/522183
for a short explanation.

> Is this bug or some misconfiguration on my side ?

Certainly not a misconfiguration; although #522183 has been claimed
fixed, there may still be a problem with the testing migration scripts.
Note that pkg-kde-tools does not depend on dpkg-dev, so it is possible
to install it, although that may not be an acceptable solution for you.

> Version 1.15.3 is only in the unstable, but i have testing.

You can either install dpkg-dev 1.15.3.1 by hand or refrain from
full-upgrades until it reaches testing, which should happen in a few
days.

Sven