Re: Iceweasel, Icedove and KDE4

Γιώργος Πάλλας a écrit :
> thveillon.debian wrote:
>> Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> Since ever, as a KDE user, I was distracted by the obvious quality
>>> mismatch between fonts for thunderbird and firefox in gnome and KDE.
>>> That is, in Gnome, thunderbird and firefox's usage of fonts seems to be
>>> near perfect. In KDE the fonts of these apps look completely alien. As
>>> far as I understand from searching google, it has something to do with
>>> gtk, Qt and KDE. I tried various things that various blogs/how to
>>> suggest but I can't get a result resembling gnome. How can I achieve
>>> good font antialiasing in iceweasel/icedove, and how can I config these
>>> apps to use the fonts that I select from System Settings -> Look and
>>> Feel -> Appearance -> Fonts ?
>>>
>>> Thanks...
>>> Giorgos
>>>

>> Hi, I "solved" the problem by installing "gtk-qt-engine-kde4" from Sid,
>> and in KDE4 "systemsettings" "appearance" > "GTK style and fonts"
>> (translations approx., my system is not in English) you will be able to
>> choose to "use my kde themes and fonts in GTK apps" or not, and
>> customize fonts used by GTK apps. It looks OK here using Bitstream-vera
>> system-wide).
>>
>> Hope it can work for you too.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> I use testing and I found: gtk-qt-engine. This is obviously another
> thing, no? Because this packet also has 'use my KDE themes ... ' etc...
> I tried this with no luck. I will try gtk-qt-engine-kde4.
>
> Giorgos

I am running testing too, that why I mentioned the needed package was in
Sid only for now, I think the one in testing is for KDE3, but I may very
well be wrong (I just went for the unstable package that says "kde4" on
the tin ;-) ). You can download it or add Sid to your sources.list and
do some "pinning" to install this one package.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/gtk-qt-engine-kde4

http://wiki.debian.org/AptPinning

Cheers,

Tom