Re: debian live with local repo problem

Hi Rob!
Thanks! I will try the apt-cacher-ng way as soon as I can and possibly not in a chroot as I was doing. I'm working just with lenny, so, at least, I shouldn't get the troubles you mention about multiple distros.
Emanuele

2009/7/11 Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net>
On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 09:16:15AM +0200, emanuele nespolo wrote:
> Hi Tzafrir !
>
> Many thanks ! Well, actually I've already tried that way following
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/Cache_Packages, but,  I get these
> errors when starting  the daemon
>
> Starting Apt-Cacher: apt-cacherUse of uninitialized value in pattern match
> (m//) at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 75.
> Use of uninitialized value in getpwnam at
> /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 75.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 76.
> Use of uninitialized value in getgrnam at
> /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line 76.
> Unable to get user:group at /usr/share/apt-cacher//apt-cacher-lib.pl line
> 79.
> .

I'm not sure why you're getting those errors, but I'd recommend using apt-cacher-ng instead of apt-cacher.  Apt-cacher has trouble if you use it with multiple distros that have
the same name for *different* packages.  For example, using it with both Debian and Ubuntu will cause you headaches.

-Rob