debian live with local repo problem

Hi All !

I'm trying to build a live cd using a local i386 lenny repo. I need a local repository for the job I'm developing. This repo is either a local one created with debmirror or the official first DVD.
While using any of the official mirror on the internet everything works perfectly and i get my bootable iso image, using the local repos I get the following error:
gpg: /root/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
OK
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Ign file: lenny Release.gpg
Ign file: lenny/updates Release.gpg
Get:1 file: ./ Release.gpg [315B]
Ign file: lenny Release
Ign file: lenny/updates Release
Get:2 file: ./ Release [754B]
Ign file: lenny/main Packages
Ign file: lenny/updates/main Packages
Err file: lenny/main Packages
  File not found
Err file: lenny/updates/main Packages
  File not found
W: Failed to fetch file:/root/apt-mirrors/debian/dists/lenny/main/binary-i386/Packages  File not found

W: Failed to fetch file:/root/apt-mirrors/debian/dists/lenny/updates/main/binary-i386/Packages  File not found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...

... Done !

Please note that the first supposed not existing file

/root/apt-mirrors/debian/dists/lenny/main/binary-i386/Package

actually does exist with that very same path.

The repo I pass to lh_config is:

file:///root/apt-mirrors/debian/

for all the repos.

Any help is appreciated !