Re: RAID1 file corruption(?)

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 08:28:16AM -0500, Steve wrote:

> When transferring large files (100 to 1500mb) to the mount point
> using scp the transfer almost always results in a corrupt file, by
> which I mean that the md5sum of the file doesn't match the source.

Is it possible that scp is the problem?

You could try to disable the RAID and use a single disk as the target
instead. If you still have corrupted files, try the other disk. If
still corrupted, I would strongly suspect scp. In that case, you could
put a source file onto one disk and copy it to the other with cp and
check; maybe you can do the cp test with a RAID device as target.

If you have a Realtek network card/chip involved somewhere, first get
a decent network card to replace it with (replace all of them if there
are several). If you don't want to replace them, try to copy your
files over NFS and see what happens ...

I'd really like to know if there's a problem like that with
RAID-1. I'm using it since about three years and it has always been
working fine, though I never did a test like that.