Re: RAID1 file corruption(?)

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 09:38:06PM -0600, lee wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 08:28:16AM -0500, Steve wrote:
>
> > When transferring large files (100 to 1500mb) to the mount point
> > using scp the transfer almost always results in a corrupt file, by
> > which I mean that the md5sum of the file doesn't match the source.
>
> Is it possible that scp is the problem?

It's possible.  But it's weird to me that TCP wouldn't catch any
packet-type errors and retransmit even before it got to the application
layer, SCP.  I'm able to transfer files to a non-RAIDed system without
the corruption however this system has only RAID1 drives in it.  I
suppose I could break the RAID and just partition one of the drives
separately to eliminate that issue.

I'm hoping the problem will be solved with two new hard drives arriving
tomorrow.  This machine isn't in production yet so I'll swap out the
hard drives and try again.

Steve