Re: Help with ndiswrapper and Broadcom wireless

Florian Kulzer wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 12:12:06 +0200, Klistvud wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Another suggestion: the proprietary driver downloadable from broadcom's
> > website works exceedingly well for BCM4321, so chances are it would
> > work with your hardware as well. The driver comes with exhaustive
> > instructions for compiling, so it is relatively hassle-free to install.
> > But, needless to say, it does not follow the Debian free software
> > guidelines... and is therefore not supported by Debian in any way, I
> > think.
>
> The Broadcom STA driver (a.k.a. "wl") is included in Squeeze and Sid in
> the non-free section; it can be built with module-assistant:

Okay, went ahead with this and now I'm a bit further along. Wicd netork manager
will now start, though it shows 'no wireless networks found'. Also, when I look
at the preferences dialogue, there is no entry for 'wireless interface'.

Gnome network manager also shows no wireless interface.

Also:

tablet:/home/lajolla# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

tablet:/home/lajolla# ifconfig wlan0 up
wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device