Re: Problem with preseed partitioning

Hi Eric,

No, haven't checked the error logs. Will do so tomorrow. I'll post my progress here.

thanks!

Andy

2009/6/30 Eric Gerlach <egerlach@feds.uwaterloo.ca>
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 03:52:36PM +0200, Andy Kannberg wrote:
> Hi guru's,
>
> I am running into a problem with a system that I want to install via a
> preseed config file.
> All goes well, except the partitioning part. The system I want to install is
> a HP Proliant DL380 G5 with SmartArray.
> For some reason, the recipe I've created isn't used; the installer falls
> back to the standard partitioning scheme.
>
> I must say, I am installing Ubuntu, but since Ubuntu is Debian based, and
> the Ubuntu maillinglists can't answer my problem, I am trying my luck here.
>
> The partitioning part of the preseed file is shown below:
>
> [snip]
>
> Can someone shed a light on this and help me out what I am doing wrong or
> forgetting ?

It looks good to my eye... keep in mind I've only done this twice.  Have you
checked the error console (VT 4) during install (or the installer log after
install) for errors?

Also, if you drop to a console on VT 2 or 3 during install, does
/dev/cciss/c0d0 exist?

That's all I can think of.  Let me know if you figure it out.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students