Re: Graphical Interface Crashes

On Mon,29.Jun.09, 08:11:50, Curtis Tyndall wrote:
> I tried running "xdpyinfo | grep reso" and got the the following:
>    dots per inch 89x89

BIG OOUPS, should have been

$ xpdyinfo | grep dime

Sorry for that. In the meantime I have access to a Lenny machine where I
had to customize xorg.conf for exactly the same reason (monitor not
recognized). The relevant sections:

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
	# horizontal sync range from the monitors specs
	HorizSync       30 - 83
	# vertical refresh range from the monitors specs
	VertRefresh     56 - 75
	# size in milimeters
	DisplaySize     375 300
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier      "Default Screen"
	Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
	Subsection "Display"
	   # The desired resolutions, should be the
	   # "native" resolution for LCD monitors
	   Modes       "1280x1024"
	EndSubsection
EndSection