Re: java applets

Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> Can you list the plugins in iceweasel, typically, with the _one_line_
> command:
>
> find /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/  -name *.so \
>   | xargs -n 1 readlink -m | xargs dpkg -S

This gives:
sun-java5-bin:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.18/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
realplayer: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so
mozilla-acroread: /usr/lib/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so

about:plugins in iceweasel, on the other hand, says I have plugins for

Shockwave Flash
Adobe Reader 9.1
Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

So neither Icedtea (for openjdk-6) nor the Sun plugin are
available; and so, of course, applets do not work. It has been
like this for ages now; am getting a bit desperate. Whatever I do,
I cannot get a working Java plugin back.