Re: I'm at my wit's end (was:Re: Help with Flash)

On Sun, 17 May 2009 21:33:09 -0700, Ken L. Klaser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Youtube symptoms you describe I also experienced on 32-bit Lenny and
> Iceweasel precisely as you explained them. I believe I finally tracked
> it down to flashplugin-nonfree and flashplayer-mozilla.  I removed those
> and it seemed to clear up the problem.
>
> The Adobe 10 flash install has libflashplayer.so in
> /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/
>
> It still seems to be working on Squeeze.
>
> Good luck,
> Ken

I've been having similar problems.  Inspired by this note, I ran
interactive aptitude and purged every Debian package I could find on my
system that had anything to do with Flash.

Now it works.  Not sure where it found a Flash plugin after all that
purging.  It may be one I installed as a user, in my home directory tree
somewhere, sometime, instead of as system manager in the public space.

-- hendrik