Re: X performance issues

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 07:38:56 +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:07:53AM +1000, Lachlan wrote:

[...]

>    > the big thing i see thing i see is that even with the uxa line
>    > commented out your xserver still enables it on your system
>    > "(--) intel(0): Using UXA for acceleration"
>    >
>    > add the line
>    > Option   "AccelMethod"   "exa"
>    > to your xorg.conf and see if it changes back to exa acceleration
>    >
>    > it looks like UXA may still be the culprit.
>    >
> No idea. Just did that and log file says :
>
> (WW) intel(0): Option "AccelMethod" is not used

Stop using xserver-xorg-intel from experimental. Given the overall state
of the intel Xorg driver and the i915 kernel module right now, running
an undefined mix of testing, unstable and experimental is asking for
trouble.

Just to give an exmaple: Your Xorg log contains error messages about HAL
trying to add some very weird things as input devices (e.g. "Video Bus",
"Broadcom Corp"). I have never seen such messages before, but I suspect
that they are due to some "unstable" packages not working properly with
other parts of your system that are still at "testing" level (even
though newer versions exist in unstable). I have no idea if that is in
any way related to your video problems, but it certainly does not help
to run such an ill-defined configuration.

          Florian   |