Re: [OT] Linksys wireless router on debian

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:27:59AM +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> I bought a LinkSys WRT54GL wirelss router and I am going to configure
> it to extend my DSL connection at home.
> I am not new to debian but network(ing) skills are modest.
>
> Does anyone own this device and running debian?
> Any hint /solution about debian specific setup/trick is appreciated.

That's my router.
I didn't do a thing to it.
I have two debian desktops connected via ethernet and 3 ubuntu
laptops connected via wifi all sharing the internet connection.
I haven't actually networked the machines, beyond sharing the internet
connection, though.
I just use sshs and sshfs to move files around, etc.
My networking fu is about as sharp as a mud puddle after a thunderstorm.

/tony

--
http://www.photodharma.com
art / photos / music / tony baldwin