Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> otoh, I also dislike the need for many scripting languages. Perl, python,
> tcl, lua, ruby, lisp, scheme...
> I'd be also glad if packages like openssl-blacklist didn't require python...

I think it's a great service to the users that a program like
openssl-blacklist was available in a timely manner. Security scenarios
like the one you mention highlight the importance that programmers
should primarily use the language they know best for the task, instead
of being 'forced' to use a certain language that might be less familiar
or less suited for the purpose.

Feel free to write a better version of openssl-blacklist in a language
you think more apropriate.

Feel free to write a better version of any software in the language of
you choice.

Or stick with whatever is given to you for free.

No one ever forced you to use their free software.

Cheers,
Johannes