Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Jun 23, 2009, at 8:34 PM, 明覺 wrote:

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Frank Lin PIAT<fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 17:40 +0800, 明覺 wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Tzafrir Cohen<tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 09:17:18AM +0800, 明覺 wrote:
I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to reach it? I removed the 2 packages, python and perl, from my system, and of cause, I losed my desktop, is it possible to install a desktop manager without perl and python? which is the proper desktop manager?
thanks

Let's throw some data into this discussion:
[..]
Debconf needs perl. And you won't have much of a Debian system without
debconf. I wouldn't try removing that one.

I have quickly analyzed the files in my /usr/bin:
235 shell script
71 python programs
241 perl programs
986 "ELF" programs

So does it mean debian determines
the use of python and perl? could you help recommend some
distributions that do not need perl or python? thanks

Which company would hire a programmer that is unwilling to learn/use
anything but C/C++? Your employability is low, and it will get lower and
lower.

Sorry for telling you the truth, but you can't live in a world with only
C/C++
I'm looking for a job, and the title of my resume is "Asm, C, C++
programmer", if I can find a job, I win; if I cannot, you win. :)

Finding a job is a pain, but the real question is: Can you keep a job and not have to keep job swapping and continue to feed and clothe yourself and possibly provide for a family if you ever want one or continue, year after year, to pay your way in this world if you have trouble keeping the jobs you find.

And as for looking for a job, do you want to share why you're currently out of a job?

Hal