Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Frank Lin PIAT<fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 17:40 +0800, 明覺 wrote:
>> >
>> > Let's throw some data into this discussion:
> [..]
>> > Debconf needs perl. And you won't have much of a Debian system without
>> > debconf. I wouldn't try removing that one.
>
> I have quickly analyzed the files in my /usr/bin:
>  235 shell script
>  71 python programs
>  241 perl programs
>  986 "ELF" programs
>
>> So does it mean debian determines
>> the use of python and perl? could you help recommend some
>> distributions that do not need perl or python? thanks
>
> Which company would hire a programmer that is unwilling to learn/use
> anything but C/C++? Your employability is low, and it will get lower and
> lower.
>
> Sorry for telling you the truth, but you can't live in a world with only
> C/C++
I'm looking for a job, and the title of my resume is "Asm, C, C++
programmer", if I can find a job, I win; if I cannot, you win. :)

--
Gnu.Linux.(Debian|gNewSense).Gnome.(Mozilla|Gmail|Evolution|Scim|Flashplayer|Codeblocks)
Microsoft.Windows.(Vista|XP).(QQ|Game|Notepad++) Gcc.Gtkmm.Opengl