Re: Configure Fibre Channel HBA on Debian Lenny Sparc

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:36:14PM +0200, Sten Ring wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We have a SunBlade T6300 running a 2.6.26-2-sparc64-smp and equipped with an
> Emulex Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter. I'm trying to connect
> to a Sun StoreEdge 3510 with five scsi discs.
>
> Machine seems to detect card an load the lpfc driver:
[...]

> !!! However, the discs appear as five separate devices:

If your card is connected with more than one fibre, and your Strorage
too, via a FC switch fabric,  you need multipathing.
Install multipath-tools, and try to configure /etc/multipath.conf for
your array (round robin, group mapping...).

Finaly, you'll get one device in /dev/mapper for all the corresponding paths.