Re: java

Hi Todd,

I had a month ago some issues with java+iceweasel configuration. I did
not read this whole thread, maybe the following information will not be
relevant.

Under Lenny/Squeeze amd64, here is my configuration:

{{{
apt-get remove --purge icedtea-gcjwebplugin
}}}

{{{
apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin iceweasel
}}}

If necessary you must specify that you want to use the "sun-java6-*"
packages as default on your system:
{{{
update-alternatives --config java
update-alternatives --config javac
}}}

Do not forget to enable the java __plugin__ (Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_14)
under iceweasel.

Restart it and check `about:plugins`, if you see Java(TM) Plug-in
1.6.0_14 information.

And then go to http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml.

Did you see the dancing Duke logo?

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 05:36:15PM +0100, thveillon.debian wrote:
>
>> sun-java is now fully 64 bit, including the plugin, starting with 6-12
>> maybe, or even one release earlier. But the icedtea one runs just as
>> well on my machine, it's just seen as an older version by some
>> websites and Sun java testing page.
>
> Thanks for pointing out that sun-java6-plugin is now in the repositories
> for 64-bit. I didn't know that.
>
> However, installing it doesn't seem to update the plugins, or create an
> option in update-alternatives for selecting sun-java6-plugin over gcjweb
> or icedtea. How exactly did you get it to work with iceweasel?

- --
Alexis de BRUYN
email : alexis@de-bruyn.fr