Re: DEBIAN REPOSITORIES FOR UBUNTU DAPPER ?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM, sai ram<k_sairam12@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends!
> I use Ubuntu Dapper Drake (on x86 pc) and wanted to install "isomaster"
> software package about which I read in a linux magazine. As this package was
> unavailable in my synaptic package manager with Ubuntu repositories, I
> downloaded the package from Debian website.
It is available in ubuntu since hardy in universe repo.

> While attempting the installation, I encountered dependency errors. I
> believe these errors can be overcome by adding appropriate Debian
> repositories to the etc/apt/sources.list file of my Ubuntu OS.
Don't mix debian with ubuntu please ... (I recomend you switching
(reinstalling) to debian :-) )

> Please
>
> (1) clarify if I can have both Ubuntu repositories and debian repositories
> enabled at the same time ?
This is a not good idea, better add universe repository, and upgrade
to hardy ... (perhaps one release to next release thought hardy ...)

> (2) Do I need any key to access the Debian repositories ?
All deb should be signed and you need trust in the keys

> (3) give me the exact debian package source location lines, that I need to
> add to my etc/sources.list file, so I can henceforth install packages from
> Debian repositories without any dependency errors.
I guess you can't do it, perhaps if you add hardy repositories (the
trhee) and try to install only isomaster it could work