Re: How Do I Get GRUB to See the External USB Drive?

Now to the list instead of the poster

Scarletdown schreef:
> I just purchased an external USB drive in hopes that I could toss an XP
> build on it real quick without messing with everything on the internal
> drives (friends wanting me to try Lord of the Rings Online which doesn't
> work with Cedega is one of the reasons...)
> So it's obvious that GRUB can see external USB drives.  However, it is
> not visible to GRUB there at boot time.  Is there any way to force GRUB
> to actually see external drives?
Can you check the contents of /boot/grub/device.map? I think you need to
make sure your usb device is mentioned there for it to work at boot
time. If it is not there, redo update-grub and check if the usb drive is
added to device.map. If so, do a grub-install and then things should work.

Sjoerd