aptitude wants to remove 'locate'

'dlocate' now shows in the update list for 'aptitude -s safe-upgrade'
and when I try 'aptitude install dlocate' I'm told that 'locate' will be
removed.

However, when I enter 'aptitude why-not locate' I'm told "Unable to find
a reason to remove locate."

Looking at the depends, conflicts, and replaces lines I can find nothing
to indicate that upgrading 'dlocate' involves removing 'locate'.

Could someone explain what's going on?

Thanks.

--
"I will persist until I succeed. I was not delivered into this world in
 defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to