Re: aptitude wants to remove 'locate'

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 01:13:50PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
Looking at the depends, conflicts, and replaces lines I can find nothing
to indicate that upgrading 'dlocate' involves removing 'locate'.

Could someone explain what's going on?

From the dlocate changelog for version 1.0:
no longer use frcode and locate, see discussion in 494673. removed dependency on locate package. (Closes: #505997, #494651, #494673)

So, I guess locate was only installed because of the dependency from the dlocate package. Since dlocate doesn’t depend on locate anymore, aptitude will remove locate if locate was only installed as dependency package for dlocate.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |