Gimp and unstable

Gimp is currently uninstallable in unstable because it has a dependancy on libwebkit 1.0-1 and (as far as I can work out) it has changed its name to libwebkit 1.0-2.

I submitted a bug about this, but a bug number was never assigned, although there is a bug (528012) which does refer to this.

The maintainer is saying that this problem isn't fixed because libwebkit doesn't build on all architectures.

I have been nosing around the developer information around libwebkit, but I can't seem to figure out how to find out which architectures aren't supported.

I have two questions.

a) How can I find out which architectures libwebkit 1.0-2 won't build on, and
b) Is there a work around to enable me to install gimp