Re: Gimp and unstable

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 11:03:56 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Gimp is currently uninstallable in unstable because it has a dependancy
> on libwebkit 1.0-1 and (as far as I can work out) it has changed its
> name to libwebkit 1.0-2.
>
> I submitted a bug about this, but a bug number was never assigned,
> although there is a bug (528012) which does refer to this.
>
> The maintainer is saying that this problem isn't fixed because libwebkit
> doesn't build on all architectures.
>
> I have been nosing around the developer information around libwebkit,
> but I can't seem to figure out how to find out which architectures
> aren't supported.
>
> I have two questions.
>
> a) How can I find out which architectures libwebkit 1.0-2 won't build
> on, and

The rmadison utility (from the devscripts package) is useful to get a
quick overview:

$ rmadison libwebkit-1.0-2
libwebkit-1.0-2 |    1.1.7-1 |      unstable | alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

> b) Is there a work around to enable me to install gimp

The libwebkit-1.0-1 package is still available in testing:

$ rmadison libwebkit-1.0-1
libwebkit-1.0-1 |    1.0.1-4 |        stable | alpha, amd64, arm, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
libwebkit-1.0-1 | 1.0.1-4+b1 |       testing | alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

          Florian   |