Re: Enabling MySpace in Iceweasel, et al.

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 08:26 +0100, AG wrote:

> In light of this, which is the best candidate to use: the non-free
> mozilla flash plugin or another?

I don't know whether you're on Lenny or Squeeze or Sid, or whether your
running a 64-bit or 32-bit Debian system, so this may not pertain.
But ... if you're running 64-bit Squeeze or Sid, you probably will want
the 'flashplugin-nonfree' package from the non-free Debian repositories,
rather than the 'flashplayer-mozilla' package from the Debian-Multimedia
repository.  The 'flashplugin-nonfree' package installs the new 64-bit
version of flash Adobe has been working on (not sure if it is officially
released yet, but it works a treat here).  The 'flashplayer-mozilla'
package installs the 32-bit version of flash and a whole mess of 32-bit
libraries.  While that worked for me, it would frequently conk-out and
require me to shut-down & restart my browser to get it working again
(once in a while, it even crashed Iceweasel, but not very often).
64-bit flash hasn't given me any problems at all.

Plus, for now I have no need for the 32-bit libraries and would prefer
to avoid them if there's a good alternative.  Now, for flash, there is.

--
Michael M.