Re: Enabling MySpace in Iceweasel, et al.

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:30:21 +0200, AG wrote:

> Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:32:39 +0100
>> AG <computing.account@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello AG,
>>

>>>     File name: libflashplayer.so
>>>     Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
>>>

>>> site keeps insisting that I /
>>> /          "Get Flash now!"
>>>

>> Probably because your flash player is quite old.  Update to v10.
>>

>  From the above - that is apparent.  However, I thought that I was
> dealing with Flash 10 ... at least, that is what I downloaded from the
> adobe site and thought I was installing.
>
> In light of this, which is the best candidate to use: the non-free
> mozilla flash plugin or another?
>
> Cheers
>
> AG

When I installed the v10 plugin from Adobe, I found that it was placed in
the wrong directory (I think it was a mozilla directory rather than
iceweasel).  There was no .so file nor a link to the player in /usr/lib/
iceweasel/plugins.

You might try to locate libflashplayer.so, make sure it's got a recent
(2009) date, and then move it to the iceweasel plugins directory or make
a link there.

I tried a couple of alternatives available in Lenny (gnash and another
I've forgotten) and they didn't work as universally as the one from Adobe.

BTW, you seem to be sending both plain text and HTML.  Please try to turn
off HTML.

--
Rich