gnome-audio package is broken

Though the package does what it thinks is a successful install, once installed gnome ought to have at least one sound theme available and it doesn't. The gnome-audio package installed its contents into /usr/share/sounds and when it was finished did not make /usr/share/gnome/sounds and populate that directory. I made that directory and populated it myself with the gnome-audio contents. Later, I'm going to see if gnome now has a sound theme available or if a broken situation continues because I need to do something else the gnome-audio package failed to do. I was told after gnome-audio had been installed by a sighted friend that sound themes was grayed out on my computer. Probably gnome and similarly sized systems need to get integrity packages that can check a system and let the operator know if they have the complete package installed or are missing pieces which may either be mandatory or optional and that the pieces have installed correctly such that they're now useable in the event the software or operator needs to use them. That way at least when things don't quite install 100% correctly or are missing an operator can know what's not likely to work and get a clue as to why it won't work.