Re: What is the correct way to overide hal defaults?

Tom Rauchenwald wrote:
emikaadeo <emikaadeo@gmail.com> writes:

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:05:14 +0200, Tom Rauchenwald
<sehnsucht.nach.unendlichkeit@quantentunnel.de> wrote:

Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:

I want to change the default settings for my synaptic touchpad in
X. I tried
changing
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/11-x11-synaptics.fdi but it
keeps getting written over during upgrades. Is there a better way
to do this so
it won't get erased every time?
Put your changed file in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/, and it should be
used by hal and it won't be touched on upgrades.

Thanks
-tom

 The corect place for these modified files is in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/

Damn, thanks for correcting me, obviously I haven't slept enough -- I
wanted to write that path.

Tom

I tried this and it worked well with files that didn't exist but didn't work well with synaptic which already exists. Will try again though, thanks