Re: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.0

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:18 AM, David Fox<dfox94085@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Aniruddha<mailingdotlist@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I try to install a 32-bit program in 64-bit Debian but I get the
>> following message: 'error while loading shared libraries:
>
> Have you installed the 32-bit compatibility libraries?
>
> Anytime you manually install a library (and really, you should let the
> packaging system do this) you have to rerun ldconfig to update what
> the system thinks the libraries should be. Do you have, for instance,
> /usr/lib32 as one of the search paths in your /etc/ld.so.conf file?

It is indeed a packaging fault, the packages relied on the antique
'libopenal.so.0'. Manually extracting libopenal0a  from Debian old
stable ( http://packages.debian.org/etch/libopenal0a ) and putting it
in /usr/lib32 fixed this problem.It would be nice to have a libopenal
32-bit packages for amd64 though. ^^ Thanks!