Re: can't install etch on new machine

2009/6/9 <shadesofgray@midmaine.com>
I have the CD set. It was installed fine on my old machine. I'm trying to
install on a new pc. It is a Dell with a dvd/cd drive (TSST corp). On the
first cd it asks for the cd, but it is already reading the cd! And I can't
get past this, even when it asks for a list of cd's and I select none.

 mean it can read the cd - who cares if its not one on its list? How do I
do the install?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, is your CD/DVD drive cable is SATA? Last year I tried to install Etch, it didn't recognize my SATA DVD drive. Use Lenny installer CD instead like Andrei suggested.