Re: Problems with OOo3.0.1 - not retaining formats when copying

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 12:05 +0100, AG wrote:
> Someone on the OOo user list is recommending that I install this version
> of OOo:
> http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/?product=OpenOffice.org&os=linuxinteldeb〈=en-US&version=3.1.0
>
> which downloads OOo_3.1.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz
>
> Does anyone:
>
> (a) have similar problems with their version of OOo? or
> (b) have any thoughts about installing the version referenced above?
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> AG

Hi, this is what i found on openoffice.org websites:
http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html
"Please note that copy and paste via clipboard between OpenOffice.org
1.x and OpenOffice.org 3.0 might not work in OpenOffice.org format. If
that happens, choose 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose a format other
than OpenOffice.org, or open the document in OpenOffice.org 3.0
directly."

suppose you still want to install from the tarball, the (b) question,
here is howto:

1. unpack the tarball
2. make sure you have sufficient space (440MB or more) in /opt
3. remove & purge the current openoffice in debian.
4. use gdebi to install, start from ooobasis-core.

you can place all .deb files to local repository (if exist), so APT will
figure it up and do it for you automatically.

regards,
rustam