Re: connecting cable modem through usb port

Sudev Barar writes:
> AFAIK you will have to do something like pppconfig to make a ppp
> connection for this to work.
Not pppconfig.  For a DSL modem configured as a bridge (most default to
router these days) he would need to run pppoeconf but I don't think that
any cable providers use PPPoE.

No luck for me! Tried pppconfig but it could not recognize the modem.

Is it that the modem is not 'installed'?

Also, the same modem works without any username and password on another windows machine after connecting it on the LAN port.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Sandip

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel Click here!