Re: network-connected camera with motion-detection e-mail configurable in Linux?

On 06/08/2009 04:12:40 PM, Barclay, Daniel wrote:

Actually, I wrote in that in reply to your other message about
USB attachment (intending, of course, to have been viewing that
other message when I started my message ).

Anyway, the camera itself runs Linux, and yes, has a web page
via which you configure it.  As far as the motion detection and
email sending, you might have to compile that yourself.  (Perhaps
ask on their mailing list or something.)  And I don't know whether
it would run zoneminder at the desired framerate, etc., or if
some simpler motion detection would be good enough.

Their cameras are not cheap and the lenses can be expensive too.
But the resolution, framerate, low light, etc. specs all looked
really good.

At this point we're probably offtopic and I've exhausted my knowledge
anyhow so I'll stop.  I just thought I'd point you in that direction.

(By the way, is Elphel's product web page as screwed up (stair-
stepping down and to the right) for you as it is for me (runniing
SeaMonkey)?

Yes.  Maybe it's supposed to look like that?  Or maybe it's because
I'm still using the etch iceweasel?

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein