Re: Listing held packages for which there are upgrades

In <[🔎] 1244492789l.15690l.7l@mofo>, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
>On 06/08/2009 02:55:42 PM, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> Packages that could be upgraded and have been placed on hold:
>> aptitude search '~U~ahold'
>>
>> Pakchages that could be upgraded:
>> aptitude search '~U'
>Thanks very much.  I swear I read the docs, but I guess I
>can't read.
>
>For my purposes I think I want:
>
>aptitude search '~U' -o
>Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/etc/apt/sources.list.securityonly
>
>where sources.list.securityonly has just the security.debian.org
>repositories.  (It makes me wonder if there's a way
>to do this without having a separate sources.list file.)

Not that I see.  The security repositories have a different label (l=Debian-
Security) than the main repositories (l=Debian), but I don't see an aptitude
search term that will let you filter based on the label.

You could do some pinning based on the label and then use aptitude to search
for packages of a certain priority, but that seems a dubious fix.