Re: network-connected camera with motion-detection e-mail configurable in Linux?

Title: Re: network-connected camera with motion-detection e-mail configurable in Linux?

Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> On 06/08/2009 03:30:21 PM, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
>>
>> On 06/08/2009 03:19:37 PM, Barclay, Daniel wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there any wireless network-connected video cameras
>>> with in-camera motion-detection-triggered e-mail notification that are
>>> configurable via Linux?
>
>> If you want cool cameras that run Linux where you might
>> (possibly) be able to do everything on-camera see Elphel:
>> http://www3.elphel.com/index.php
>
> Sorry, missed the wireless part.
>
> I'd guess that for wireless support you'd want to stick
> a 10349 interface board on and plug in a usb wireless device.
> Or maybe there's other options.

You seem to have missed a key part of my question.  I was asking about
network-connected cameras--ones that do not require a host computer
(other than the computer "hosting" the browser) for viewing and,
hopefully, configuration and initial setup.

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]