What packages work like: DVDFab and / or ConvertXtoDvd under Debian?

Hello,

The only thing stopping me from dropping Micro$haft all together is that I use these programs faithfully on a  regular basis.  I need a good DVD Ripping / Converting application that is graphical based like DVDFab, so I don't have to figure out which switches to use, etc.. from a command line tool.  Second, and most importantly is an application very similar if not almost identical in function and ease of use to VSO ConvertX to DVD, also Graphically GUI'd if possible.

Also, I Use quite alot of different apps for programming games, but since I own Garage Games game engine, which does have linux versions, I think I will be okay on that, but what about some easy nice 3D apps similar to Milkshape3D and / or Fragmotion 3D, and how about Wine is it good enough now to run Direct3D applications now?

I know, I know, that is alot of questions, but I have been out of the loop for a while now, and I am seriously wanting to bid farewell to Micro$haft OS's after finding out about there latest booboo with windows 7 and the xp mode virtual PC 7, how it supposedly would support usb devices only to find out it will not run my ADS Tech DVD Express TV capture device, and how the support of older apps and devices is still very limited.  So it is same old story, giving us sub-standard applications, with none of the features that it's loyal or ex-loyal users would actually like or could use, so they just want us to keep paying through the nose for apps and even forcing us to upgrade hardware we shouldn't have to as these devices work perfectly so why fix what isn't broken...  Add that to the fact that they haven't released a decent OS in many many years now, well really never if you consider every OS they have brought out requires multiple Service packs to fix bugs that shouldn't have been there before an actual public release, and I know this for a fact, as I beta test for them, and have witnessed several bugs get reported, verified by multiple people and they could care less about actually fixing them before trying to charge people for a substandard product.  What they do, should be illegal.  At least if it was free like linux, it would be worth upgrading and then you have the possibility to always find another application package that does what you want better if your not happy.  Along with the sourcecode is a big plus, since I'm a coder.

There I'm done venting now, thanks for listening, and any help you provide will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao' 4 Now...

StOrM3 aka StOrM ShADoW - The Real StOrM3 not all the posers that have come out of the woodwork.  Yes I'm the one whom helped Kinboat create the Total Annihilation Unit Editor, reverse engineering the 3DO File format before anyone else, and making the convertor during the 48 hour coding marathon, with no sleep.

Thanks again for any help you can provide...