Re: What packages work like: DVDFab and / or ConvertXtoDvd under Debian?

StOrM3 wrote:

> The only thing stopping me from dropping Micro$haft all together is that I
> use these programs faithfully on a  regular basis.  I need a good DVD
> Ripping / Converting application that is graphical based like DVDFab, so I
> don't have to figure out which switches to use, etc.. from a command line
> tool.  Second, and most importantly is an application very similar if not
> almost identical in function and ease of use to VSO ConvertX to DVD, also
> Graphically GUI'd if possible.

Try Tovid, DeVeDe or Qdvdauthor for authoring DVD's, they're all available
through Synaptic.

Nothing will touch ConvertXtoDVD, ie. 'drag and drop, yer done' kinda thing,
but none of the three are in any way difficult to figure out. Tovid is either
gui or command line, the command line could be as simple as this:

tovid -in infile.avi -out outfile

makexml outfile.mpg -out dvdname

makedvd -burn dvdname

Qdvdauthor has a crazy amount of features, but is therefore crazily complicated.

> Also, I Use quite alot of different apps for programming games, but since I
> own Garage Games game engine, which does have linux versions, I think I will
> be okay on that, but what about some easy nice 3D apps similar to Milkshape3D
> and / or Fragmotion 3D, and how about Wine is it good enough now to run
> Direct3D applications now?

Not sure about those.