Re: squeeze grep is broken

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Jude DaShiell<jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> I tried a command line like: grep -in "print-installation-architecture" * |
> less <cr> and got me a surprise.  I was in /var/lib/dpkg/info when I did

I don't think this is a bug at all. When you do the command, the shell
is trying to expand the file list for "*" and that will (on my system)
result in over 8000 filenames - which then gets passed to grep. So
it's not a bug in grep at all, because grep isn't doing the globbing.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.