make evo & epiphany play nice, but not system wide prefs, and no gnome

Hi,

I would like Evolution and Epiphany to play nice together, like a suite (like iceweasel and icedove can), or something, wherein Evolution sends links to open in a new tab in Epiphany, and Epiphany uses Evo for mailto: links, etc. The thing is, I'm not using gnome, and don't want to set Epiphany and Evo as my default browser and mail app system-wide, anyway.
I want to keep Icedove and Iceweasel as defaults.
Currently, Evo sends links to a new tab in iceweasel, and epiphany hasn't a clue what to do with mailto: links.

I can't seem to find anywhere in the configs or preferences for either epiphany or evo that I can set them as their default apps for each other, and the only information I find googling re: this matter involves using gnome and setting said preferences system-wide with gnome-control-center, which is not an option, because: a) I don't want those as system wide preferences, just within epiphany and evo, and b) I'm not using gnome (nor kde, xfce, fluxbox, openbox, lxde, icewm, etc., etc., etc. I'm using ion3), and, thus, don't have gnome-control-center installed.

any ideas? Is this possible?  If it isn't, it should be.

thanks,
tony
--
http://www.baldwinsoftware.com