Re: Best way of restoring /etc from backups after fresh install?

On Fri,05.Jun.09, 23:23:24, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 04:35:21PM EDT, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> > >Oh...I get it...  You want to benefit from the expertise on the list,
> > >but you're too busy to delete a few e-mails to contribute your
> > >assistance to others on the list...
> >
> > While it is not strictly list policy, it is common courtesy to CC
> > someone when they request it.
>
> > In addition, the list administrators made a conscious decision to
> > allow posting from non-subscribers because some of the lists are quite
> > high volume and there are still people that have metered Internet
> > connections; they pay for each email they receive even if they delete
> > it before reading it.
>
> Not sure I buy that.. a daily download from debian-user is still much
> less than a a few minutes' worth of commercial web browsing with a few
> naughty video clips on the side..
>
> :-)
>
> My impression is that a growing number of people find (un)subscribing
> such a hassle that they can't be bothered.. sign of the times.

Handling ~100 mails per day when your average "normal" traffic is in
single digits is not easy to do. Especially when the signal-to-noise
ratio is so high: 1 question and 5 (including mine) useless posts...

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)