Re: flash drive encryption between different OS's

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 05:08:51PM -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Sex, 05 Jun 2009, Daryl Styrk wrote:

[snip]

>> Ideas or better search terms?
>
> Windows does support some kind of encryption out of the box, but I don't
> think Linux can read it.
>
> Windows cannot read luks encrypted volumes directly. There might be a
> software/driver to do that, though. I never heard of one, but I have
> never looked for one either.
>
> I'd say TrueCrypt is your best chance.
i used truecrypt for a while and then found it a pain after v5 I think
they made it more windows focused and the you had to have a gui interface
for linux and and more problems to compile and in the end I use vim with
gpg plugin, allows for individual file encryption works in both os, not
good for exe's or other non txt based files, but then you cold just use
gpg for those

Alex

--
"I believe we are called to do the hard work to make our communities and quality of life a better place."

	- George W. Bush
01/05/2005
Collinsville, IL