Re: 64Bit installation on a 500 GB Sata DRIVE

Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> But unless you have a specific need to use stick to 32bit kernel
> (driver, old application [in]compatibility), it is wise to move to
> 64bits.

Why?

I know that 64bit is the future. I have the feeling, however, that many
applications are still better supported on 32bit than on 64bit. This
applies especially for multimedia, web pages and viewing certain
restricted pdfs, but I have often regretted the decision to move one of
my workstations to 64bit, just because it adds more hassle than it gains
in performance.

Of course this is just my humble opinion. It may work for others.

So, again: What is the advantage of running 64bit that warrants the
extra hassle?

Cheers,
Johannes